Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Castaways

It's been a while since I have been to the beach. Sure, I have popped over a few times for a morning dip in the Atlantic with J, but I haven't been out there long enough to soak up the atmosphere for about a year or so. This past weekend, Margaret took the train down, because the weather was nice, and who knows how many more times this year we'll be able to swim? On Sunday, we grabbed a few brews and headed over to Sailor's Haven under mostly sunny (or was it partly cloudy?) skies.


I did miss American microbrews, and not only for the flavour.





We moored the boat offshore and walked in. Mom wanted to collect driftwood, so we went beachcombing. I found an old milk bottle, which I was pleased by, as it is increasingly rare to find old stuff over there nowadays. 



Purple sand.
Gnarly.

It was breezy, but by the time we were done with our walk I was hot and ready to go in the ocean. As usual, the beach was empty and the waves were gently rolling in, perfect for surfing or bodyboarding. 


Bollocks, it's crowded again.


Mom enjoying the weather.





A dockside sunset and homemade enchiladas rounded off a lovely family day out. How many more sunny beach weekends are left this year?