Friday, August 19, 2011

The Beach

I went out to the beach today. I had gone out there two weeks ago for a couple of rain-soaked days, but today I visited a few memory-laden places that sent me on a trip down the lane. How much things have changed there! Houses I used to frequent no longer belong to the family, and others still do, unchanged. Walking up the walk today felt natural, like I had just strolled up a short time prior. But as I savored the familiar sights and sand in my flip-flops, the thought occurred to me - it feels as if I were here yesterday, but it's been two years, really. All places change, but some are timeless regardless of change. And those are the best places.


On our way




Bayside



Oceanside


Keep the beach healthy!!

Hey!!




Hey, where'd you get that hat?!?







Kids these days...