Wednesday, December 22, 2010

City-ots

YES, I still do have best friends in the States. The city is always refreshing in more ways than one.

I took the train to the city yesterday to visit some of my best friends: Grace, who was always my best friend at Delaware, and Deborah, my roommate from Brooklyn last year. Damn, if there is one thing that I really miss about being home, it is taking the train to the city. I know it is a daily commuting hell for many people on Long Island, but for me, a train buff, it will never get old.


What up again, LIRR


I met Grace in the city at about 1 o'clock, and we walked up to Rockefeller Center to see the tree. Maybe it's because I haven't seen the tree there since I was twelve, but it sure wasn't as big as I anticipated it to be:
"Dude, look how small it is."
"Yeah dude, I thought it would have more decorations on it," Grace said. Yeah, it was a bit anticlimactic. Well, you be the judge.


I suppose it would be better seen by night

After being unimpressed by the tree, we returned to Korea Town to enjoy some delicious Korean food (squid never gets old!) with souju. After lunch, we made our way down to NYU for a few half pints and some good catch-up talk. It was so nice to spend time with her again, and it was like nothing had changed at all. I had such a nice time with her, and I hope we get to see each other again before I make my way back across the pond. (You rock, had so much fun!!)


Still looking great!


Some friendships never die.

Unfortunately Grace had to split back to Jersey early, so I had some time to kill before meeting Deb, who postponed on me (again). I took the train up to frozen Central Park and walked though the dark paths illuminated by the city glow, stopping along the way to play with my camera to figure out how to get some good night shots (it's a learning process). I got a few good ones, but here is a nice one looking south to 59th St.


A bit later I made my way down to Cooper Union, but because Deb was so busy with rescheduled classes and me with a train I had to catch at 10.30, I only got to see her for an hour. We went for Japanese and I had a good time busting on her with Bobby, her boyfriend, who is a really great guy. I'm only sorry we couldn't spend some more time together (make some time next time for Chernobyl Ghost Hunters next time chica!!).

I had a great time ladies; thanks for reminding me who my best friends are here. Miss you girls...